Collection of Personal Information
Personal information means information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database),whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can be reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Work Solutions Gippsland may also collect information about you in the form of your;
– Name and address
– Email address
– Computer IP address
– Phone numbers
– Date of birth
– Financial information such as bank account details, credit card details or tax file number
– Previous dealings with us
We may collect personal information from you in various ways, which include dealing with you in person, over the phone, through our website or email server, or through customer feedback or survey forms. Sometimes we may collect personal information from a third party but only if the individual has consented to such collection, or from a publicly available source. If you wish to visit our website or send us an email we may collect personal information from you from these sources, particularly when you fill in online forms, make a payment to us, participate in an online forum, join a mailing list or from the content of your email.
Use & Disclosure of Personal Information
The information we collect about you is used for reasons directly related to our business to allow us to perform the services you expect from us. For example, we may use your personal information to provide you with information and updates, which could include marketing materials, services to be provided, statistical analysis for accounting purposes or to evaluate the services we provide.
Your information is strictly confidential and we will not sell, rent or give your personal information to a third party unless;
– You have given your consent
– You would reasonably expect, or have been told, that information of that kind is usually passed on to a third party. Third parties may include insurance companies, government agencies or medical practitioners
– It is required by law
– It will lessen or prevent a serious and imminent threat to somebodies life or health
Access & Quality of Personal Information
We want to ensure that the information we collect is up-to-date and accurate. In order to achieve this, our staff may monitor your personal information and will update our database when you inform us of any changes to your details. If you request to see what personal information we hold about you, we will grant access unless we consider there is a sound reason under the Act, or other relevant law, to withhold the information, for example that a disclosure would unreasonably interfere with the privacy of another.
Security & Storage of Personal Information
Upon receipt of your personal information we take all reasonable steps to protect that information against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure. We aim to store your information in a secure environment to include password protected electronic files, maintaining virus protection software, securing paper files in locked cabinets and physical access is restricted to authorised personnel.
When we no longer need your personal information we will destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
From time to time Work Solutions Gippsland may send you information regarding functions or activities.
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing information, please let Work Solutions Gippsland know. Work Solutions Gippsland will take immediate steps to ensure that you do not receive any direct marketing information in the future.
Work Solutions Gippsland adhere to the following Privacy Principles
– We only collect personal information by fair, lawful and non-intrusive means
– We only use or disclose information for the purpose in which it was collected
– We take reasonable steps to ensure personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate and up-to-date
– We have procedures in place to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss or unauthorised access
– We clearly set out our management of personal information in a Policy, which we make available to anyone who asks for it
– We provide individual access to personal information held about an individual, and if we cannot provide access we will give reasonable written reasons for declining a request
– We will use the Commonwealth Government identifiers for the purpose for which they were issued, and we will not adopt our own identifiers of an individual except where it is necessary to carry out our functions effectively
– Wherever lawful and practical, individuals will have the option of remaining anonymous when entering into a transaction with us
– We will only transfer personal information to a recipient in a foreign jurisdiction in circumstances where the information will have an appropriate level of protection
Changes to this Policy
Work Solutions Gippsland may change this Policy from time to time for any reason and will update the Policy accordingly.