Gippsland’s Job Shadow Day event, held annually in September is a Work Solutions Gippsland initiative designed to bring people with disabilities and local employers together for one day to promote equal employment opportunities and highlight the valuable contribution people with disabilities can and do make in the workplace. This year the Job Shadow Day event will be on Thursday 12th September.
Jobseekers explore the world of work by ‘shadowing’ someone in the workplace as they go about their normal working day.
Why get involved?
Job Shadow for Employers
- The Job Shadow Day event is your opportunity to promote and encourage an inclusive workplace
- Explore the concept of employing a person with a disability and learn more about how the Work Solutions Gippsland model can work for your business
- Publicly demonstrate your organisation’s commitment to welcoming people with a disability
- Demonstrate your commitment to equal employment opportunities
- Be a champion of social justice in your community
- Access a pool of potential employees
- By having a workforce that reflects the diversity of the wider community, your customers and shareholders can lead to greater customer loyalty and satisfaction.
- Gain an insight into a particular job or professional field
- Network and meet new people
- Learn more about job requirements and employers’ expectations
- Identify and explore employment opportunities in your community
- Learn more about the businesses in your community
- Experience the ‘world of work’ and what Work Solutions Gippsland can do for you
Register your interest for Gippsland Job Shadow Day by contacting us on 5173 1600.