Work Solutions Gippsland will support you through every step in getting a job. Once you’ve found one, the support won’t stop there and we will continue to provide you with advice and guidance. We are with you every step of the way.
Who can use Work Solutions Gippsland?
Any person over the age of 15 and up to 65 years of age who:
- Has a diagnosed disability, illness, injury or barrier
- Lives in our service area
- Meets eligibility criteria as set by Centrelink in the form of a Job Capacity Assessment (JCA)
- Is in receipt of a Disability Support Pension
- Is able to work in open employment with some support
- Is not currently working more than 8 hours per week in open employment
What happens at Work Solutions Gippsland?
Being a job seeker and coming to Work Solutions Gippsland for the first time, it is likely you have been referred by Centrelink, or you are self-referring. You will be welcomed at reception by experienced staff and you will be assigned to an Employment Consultant who is dedicated to assisting you achieve your employment goals. Your personal information will be treated with respect and privacy, while your immediate pre-employment needs are assessed and addressed.
Always remember, no matter what your disability or barrier, you have a voice and a choice.
Why register with Work Solutions Gippsland?
Work Solutions Gippsland is the largest Disability Employment Service of its kind in the region, with ten sites across Gippsland. As the provider of choice and a leader in our field, we will provide you with advice and resources to help you find and maintain employment. You will receive personal one on one service from our experienced and friendly staff.
To assist with your job search activities we have a proven model that ensures we identify the ability in every client and match each job seeker to an appropriate employer regardless of disability or barrier to employment. We truly believe that there’s a job out there for everyone.
Our vision is to give every client the opportunity to improve their quality of life through employment. Earning a wage instead of receiving a benefit is life changing.
Work Solutions Gippsland provides:
- Assessment of your strengths and skills
- Support with overcoming barriers to entering the workforce
- One on one service
- Career planning
- Personalised Employment Pathway Plans
- Development of resumes
- Assistance with job applications
- Preparation for job interviews
- Advice on pre-vocational training
- Job search on your behalf
- Assistance with integration into employment
- Training and continued support while you’re employed
- Interpreter services available for non-English speaking and hearing impaired job seekers
- Assistance with Work Place Modifications for eligible job seekers